Sunday, May 24, 2009

IT'S BECAUSE THEY DON'T LIKE YOU, COREY!

December 12, 1993
Dear Bethy,
I guess I'll  tell you about square dancin' on Friday. First Ms. Mackey made me dance with Dan. Then Mike picked me (I wonder why I was the last one picked...) Then I picked Connor. It was so-so.
Yours,
Corey

I can just see myself trying to think of complicated reasons why all the boys didn't pick me to dance with... clearly they all have crushes on me... so what could it be? Hm. It's a thinker, that's for sure. 
It's like waiting for a volcano to explode... when oh when will I finally realize the boys don't like me? What does it take for good old fashioned self doubt to kick in?

Also, I asked CONNOR to dance? CONNOR of the evil comments and horrible reputation? Is it possible.... the lady doth protest too much? Did ten year old Corey have a hidden thing for... BAD BOYS?? 

stay tuned. 

2 comments:

  1. My lord I loved square dancing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my god, right? i did too.
    especially since i was so unfazed by being undesirable.

    I feel like you danced with "Patrick"... wasn't he in your class?

    ReplyDelete