Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I Am An Individualist. Don't Mess With Me.

December 22, 1993

Dear Bethany,
Now about my friends. I'll start with my best and go on to my least (just because they're least does not mean I don't like them a lot!)
Piper: Piper is my all time favorite friend, but she's got tons of problems. She is about an "8" on beauty but she's very slim and graceful. 
I think she's an "above stress level  child" but a great friend. I got her an M&M gumball machine for Christmas. 
Cathy: Cathy is absolutely stunning but often clashes. I think she would make a great model when she is around 18. Cathy used to like Connor and still thinks he's cute (actually so do I) but he's a big jerk. 
Allison: She wants to be an actress when she grows up which really upsets me. I kinda thought it way MY thing. Like, I would be an individual. Cause I'm an individualist in some ways. Every time she mentions it I get all hot and mean feeling. 
More later!
love,
Corey


Um. I could write a novel on this entry alone. 
First, I'd like to know who taught be the phrase "above stress level child". Did I read this in a book? Did my parents use it? The school guidance counselor? Where do I GET this stuff?
Secondly, though I do talk about my crush Patrick a lot, I seem to talk about bad boy Connor even more. For someone who is my enemy, I certainly spend a LOT of time talking about him. And thinking he's cute. 
Thirdly, just one word: Individualist. I mean, is this like a valid way to define oneself? Some people think its cool to be like everyone else, others think its important to be your own person? I enjoy that I seem to have taken this on as a kind of political statement. 
I am an individualist. You know, like, I believe in individuals. 

Watch out all: sometimes I get "hot and mean feeling". You have been warned. 

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe I didn't make the cut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. don't take it personally. i seem to change best friends most days. I'm sure you like... got a good grade that day and i was jealous. that seems to be mostly what I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that Piper is an "8." These are hilarious Corey. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete