Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Self Help Book Needed.

November 5, 1993 (...cont)

... At recess Piper said she had asked PATRICK if he liked me. He said, "Well... Kinda... Yeah!" Also, if a guy says "well..." it usually means "Yes- but why should I tell you?!" I am SOOOO happy!!

You know that book "He's Just Not That Into You"? Yeah. They apparently need one of those for fourth graders. 

I was undeterred by Patrick's obvious ten-year-old ambivalence to me. Poor kid. According to the dates on these entries, he was apparently being asked about his feelings for me every 7 to 10 days. I wouldn't stop until he loved me. And even if he didn't, I would still decide that he did. Only a real woman believes that "well..." means "Yes, absolutely". By the age of twenty I was well versed in believing that  NOT getting a call was a GOOD sign. 

Corey-- He's ten. Trust me, he's just not that into you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment